The RPM Model PT-1800 Series Direct Drive Antenna Positioner is designed for extremely high precision RF and Video-tracking of fast moving targets. RPM is in current production of three different variants of this Antenna Positioning system, one for foreign sales and two for use at test ranges in the U.S.
The depicted unit is designed for shipboard installation and is used to track highly dynamic targets during training exercises. Other variants of this Pedestal are used on trailers (or other mobilizers) or are mounted at fixed site locations and are outfitted with customer furnished payloads used in RF tracking, video tracking, and directed energy applications.
- Post design, Elevation over Azimuth. Open-yoke design available.
- Direct Drive system for high acceleration, high velocity and zero backlash
- Extremely precise positioning: 5 arc-second resolution or better, depending on requirements
- High velocity and acceleration (>50°/s²)
- Environmentally sealed for wide-temperature-range outdoor use
- Interlocked stow-pins for setup and transportation
- Electrical and mechanical limit stops in elevation axis
- Power: 208 VAC, 50/60 Hz (Alternates available)
- Current designs include provision for cable wraps, slip-rings, or fiber optic rotary joints