Used for test and instrumentation, satellite communications, data links to unmanned vehicles, etc., these elevation over azimuth Antenna Positioning Pedestals are of a post type design, allowing customer-supplied devices to be mounted on the top and sides of the elevation yoke arms and antenna support. Each pedestal can mount up to an 8-foot antenna, depending on the operational scenario; such as pointing and tracking requirements and wind loads. The units pictured come with an antenna polarization rotator as well, which enables them to switch from vertical to horizontal polarization while the sytem is in use.
The PG-1000 Antenna Pedestal can be fixed to the ground, mounted to a trailer or mobilizer, used shipboard, or attached to a non-penetrating roof mount. The controller is mounted to the pedestal base, enabling a compact design, and communicates with the customer computer using Ethernet or EIA-422 standards for control.
- Post design, Elevation over Azimuth
- Single-gear or dual-gear/zero-backlash drives.
- Exacting positioning: 15-bit resolution or better, depending on requirements
- High velocity and acceleration (>30°/s²)
- Environmentally sealed for wide-temperature-range outdoor use
- Interlocked stow-pins for setup and transportation
- Electrical and mechanical limit stops for all axes
- Power: 120 VAC, 50/60 Hz (Alternates available)
- Provision available for internal cables, slip-rings, or rotary joints
- Units shown are tall to reduce operational interferance with built-up snow locations