Used for test and instrumentation, satellite communications, unmanned vehicles, etc., these El/Az Antenna & Sensor Positioning sub-system pedestals are of a post type design, allowing customer-supplied devices to be mounted in the front and on the sides of the top section. Each pedestal can mount up to an 8-foot antenna, depending on the operational scenario; such as pointing and tracking requirements and wind loads.
The PG-1000 Pedestal can be fixed to the ground, mobile on a trailer, shipboard, or attached to a non-penetrating roof mount. The controller is mounted to the pedestal base, enabling a compact design, using Ethernet or EIA-422 standards for control.
- Post design
- Single-gear or dual-gear/zero-backlash drives.
- Exacting positioning: 15-bit resolution or better, depending on requirements
- High velocity and acceleration (>30°/s²)
- Environmentally-sealed for wide temperature range outdoor use
- Interlocked stow-pins for setup and transportation
- Electrical and mechanical limit stops for all axes
- Power: 120 VAC, 50/60 Hz (Alternates available)
- Provision for limited amount of internal cables, slip-ring, or rotary joints
- Units shown are tall to reduce operational interferance with built-up snow locations