RPM Model PT-0701 Camera Gimbal
Used for test and instrumentation, this video-tracking Elevation over Azimuth Sensor Positioning Pedestal/Gimbal is of an open yoke design, allowing customer-supplied devices to be mounted both inside and outside of the center section. The pedestal has a unique alternate mirror configuration that allows for mounting of a mirror to a third axis in the center section that rotates at one half the main payload elevation angle.
The pedestal is mounted to a wheeled platform with leveling feet for lab or field transport. The controller is mounted to the pedestal base, enabling a compact design and minimizing external cabling.
- Open yoke design
- Large, direct-drive, zero-backlash motors
- Exacting positioning: 21-bit resolution, 17-bit accuracy
- Alternate mirror configuration moves at 1/2 speed.
- High speed and acceleration (>60°/s²)
- Environmentally sealed for wide-temperature-range outdoor use
- Interlocked stow-pins for safety during setup and transportation
- Electrical and mechanical limit stops for all axes
- Power: 120 VAC, 50/60 Hz (Alternates available)
- Provision for limited amount of customer internal cables