This RPM Model RG-2054 Series Dual Drive Elevation Only Antenna Positioner was just delivered to MIT/LL to be used on the Multi-Phased Array Radar—Advanced Technology Demonstrator (MPAR-ATD) program. This program is funded through a grant from NOAA in order to further the development of the next generation version of the NEXRAD doppler weather radar network.
The depicted unit is designed for tower or fixed site installation and is used to track weather patterns, as well as for air traffic control. It is designed to accurately point a customer supplied antenna of up to 9,000 pounds with an additional 2,000 pounds of RF and electronics mounted above the rotating axis.
- Post design, Elevation rotation only. Azimuth rotation available.
- Dual drive system for 6,000 lb-ft of torque with zero backlash
- Precise positioning: 23-Bit resolution encoder feedback. Higher precision encoders available depending on requirements
- Environmentally sealed for wide-temperature-range and/or outdoor use
- Interlocked stow-pins for setup and transportation
- Electrical and mechanical limit stops in elevation axis
- Power: 208 VAC, 50/60 Hz (Alternates available)
- Current design includes provision for both internal and external cable wraps. Provisions for slip-rings, rotary joints and wave guide available.