RPM has eclipsed a major milestone, delivering our 200th Pedestal to General Atomics in support of the Predator Program. The RPM Model PG-1019B Series Pedestal has a gear driven Elevation over Azimuth configuration, and is designed with a slip ring in Azimuth for continuous rotation. This design allows the Antenna System to track Predator Aircraft and provide line of sight communication and high speed data downlink while this unmanned aircraft is flying, to provide full awareness to a remotely located pilot.
This highly ruggedized Pedestal is designed to perform in extremely remote and harsh environments around the globe. Before each unit ships, they must undergo a full environmental stress screening cycle at extreme temperatures. This is carried out at RPM's facility, in our in-house environmental test chamber.
- Post design, Geared Elevation over Geared Azimuth. Open-yoke designs available as well.
- Full ESS screening on every unit.
- Modular design shares numerous components with other products in this model series.
- 15-Bit Resolution Encoder, higher resolution available
- Environmentally sealed for wide-temperature-range outdoor use
- Interlocked stow-pins for setup and transportation
- Electrical and mechanical limit stops in elevation axis
- Current design includes slip-ring and fiber optics.