RPM has eclipsed a major milestone delivering our 200th Pedestal to General Atomics in support of the Predator Program. The RPM Model PG-1019B Series Pedestal has a gear-driven Elevation-over-Azimuth configuration and is designed with a slip ring-in-Azimuth for continuous rotation. This design allows the Antenna System to track Predator Aircraft and provide line-of-sight communication and high-speed data downlink while this unmanned aircraft is flying to provide full awareness to a remotely-located pilot.
This highly-ruggedized pedestal is designed to perform in extremely remote and harsh environments around the globe. Before each unit ships, they must undergo a full environmental stress screening cycle at extreme temperatures. This is carried out at RPM's facility in our in-house environmental test chamber.
- Post design, Geared Elevation over Geared Azimuth. Open-yoke designs available as well.
- Full ESS screening on every unit.
- Modular design shares numerous components with other products in this model series.
- 15-Bit Resolution Encoder, higher resolution available
- Environmentally sealed for wide-temperature-range outdoor use
- Interlocked stow-pins for setup and transportation
- Electrical and mechanical limit stops in elevation axis
- Current design includes slip-ring and fiber optics.