The RPM Model PT-0518 Series Geared Elevation Drive over Direct Azimuth Drive Antenna Positioner is designed for continuous rotation Azimuth scanning at high angular velocities, coupled with lower speed periodic movements in Elevation. This Gimbal design allows the Antenna System to quickly perform a full hemishperical scan and report data back to the user.
This Gimbal is also designed to be mounted on an RPM Model T-100 Tripod so it is man-portable and easy to setup in any location. RPM supplies a Model DE-2025 Pedestal Controller with this as well that communicates with a host computer over Ethernet. The Gimbal is based on a fully ruggedized RPM Model PG-0503 Pedestal of which over 500 units have been delivered.
- Post design, Geared Elevation over Direct Drive Azimuth. Open-yoke designs available as well.
- Direct Drive Azimuth for 300 deg/sec (50 RPM) continuous operation
- Modular design shares numerous components with higher volume products.
- 16-Bit Resolution Encoder, higher resolution available
- Environmentally sealed for wide-temperature-range outdoor use
- Interlocked stow-pins for setup and transportation
- Electrical and mechanical limit stops in elevation axis
- Power: 115 VAC, 50/60 Hz (Alternates available)
- Current design includes slip-ring and rotary joint